Energy & transport
In the energy sector the consultancy applies its expertise in freight transport economics and logistics to advise energy companies, port and rail freight operators, economic regulators and government in the following ways:
- Transport cost modelling to develop cost-effective distribution strategies for energy products (biomass, coal and nuclear flasks) by rail, waterborne and road transport
- Developing port traffic demand forecasts for energy bulks, including coal, biomass, crude oil, LNG and petroleum products, to assist ports in planning for the handling and inland distribution of energy products
- Helping to assess the commercial feasibility of new biomass power stations by providing input on the cost of transporting energy products from their sources to the power station
- Examining the commercial and economic impact of offshore wind farms on shipping
- Assisting with port development strategies and master plans that incorporate plans for renewable energy projects
To find out more about our work in this sector, request our Transport & Logistics for the Energy Sector Capability Statement here.